Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Baby Manti- Boise ID Area Birth Photographer

Manti Dwight 

I am honored to share the story of baby Manti. A couple months back I was contacted by my husbands cousin about a friend, Stacey, who was going through a similar experience with their pregnancy that we went through with our third child two years prior. We met and shared and cried. Manti had a rare skeletal dysplasia that was affecting his bones through out his body. Stacey was put through the ringer with Doctors and Nurses who were inconsiderate and cold during these months. She was told her son had literally no chance of survival and was mocked at for even wanting to have a possible c-section, with hopes of giving her son more of a chance at life.  Kendall and Stacey made a decision of courage and hope, despite the cynicism coming from their medical providers,  to carry baby Manti until it was no longer an option.   His little body was safely protected within the walls of his mothers womb, but he was growing fast, too fast, and it was time for him to be delivered. 
As I walked into the room where Manti would be delivered the air was filled with hope and sorrow; joy and pain; courage and a little fear. The couple talked, laughed, cried; and were so loving and sharing of these special moments with anyone who walked through the door. Stacey was a rock. The mood of the room shifted slightly as Stacey prepared to birth Manti and all the unknowns for his life came rushing to everyone's thoughts and nerves. Kendall never left her side and never stopped holding her hand. Their love was incredible to witness. 
Baby Manti was born. Emotion filled the room; I don't think an eye was dry. His precious body was never able to take his first breath. His dysplasia resulted in a small rib cage which made his lungs incompatible with breathing. With love and tenderness, Stacey and Kendall held their sweet baby in their arms as his spirit went on. 
This family is truly remarkable. They are incredible examples of courage, faith and hope and unfailing love. My life is blessed to know them.  They were and will continue to be comforted by understanding that they were blessed with a special spirit in their family. Even though Manti will not be there to grow, play and wrestle with his big brothers, he will be there,  in spirit, watching over and comforting his big brothers during the rough roads of life ahead. 

Some people sing of angels, but I held one in my hand.
He was pure and clean and touched my life as only an angel can.

I wanted to keep him here with me and though I loved him so,
I knew he didn't belong here on earth, so I let my angel go.

Sometimes when my heart is still and when I miss him most,
I think about the time I had to hold my angel close. 

And I know that God must love me and I know how blessed I am,
To not just sing of angels, but to have held one in my hand. 
--Author Unknown

Manti will always be cherished. 


1 comment:

  1. wow.what an honor for you, Lindsay, to be invited to record this miracle of life and death. what a special spirit you all were able to witness coming and going that day when Manti touched you all indelibily.

    ReplyDelete

OctoFinder